In 2016, the Furniture Bank provided furniture to more than 5,000 people in need. Every piece we gave away was donated by an individual, company or organization in our community. Without those donations, those individuals and families would have gone without. Thank you for your generosity.
Furniture Donation FAQs
Yes, you can drop furniture donations off at our warehouse anytime Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 3:00 PM. We are located at 908 Murphy Avenue SW Atlanta, GA 30310. You do not need to make an appointment. Just let the front office know you are here to drop off. They will let you know where to go and have someone help you unload.
Do you charge for pick-up?
If your furniture is outside or in the garage the pick-up is free.
There is a $20 pick-up fee for items that are inside your home, apartment, condo, high-rise, or storage unit.
Unlike other non-profits that accept furniture, the Furniture Bank does not sell the items you donate. We provide furniture to 40 families a week that are moving out of homelessness or fleeting domestic violence. This small fee helps with operation costs.
Fees are non-refundable:
• If you cancel your pick up less than 48 business hours in advance
• If your furniture is declined at the time of the pickup (drivers have full discretion)
• If you miss your time frame or are unavailable
What areas do you pick-up in?
We provide pick-up services for most of Cobb, Gwinnett, Fulton, and Dekalb counties.
We offer a pick-up service in an extended area for a $50 fee.
Here is a complete list of zip codes we service. Extended zip codes are highlighted.
How far in advance should I schedule my pick-up?
It is recommended that you plan at least one-two weeks in advanced for your pick-up to be scheduled. We are unable to offer same day or next day pick-ups. Our truck schedule is determined by zip code in order to make the best use of our financial resources and labor.
What items do you NOT accept?
• Worn furniture with rips, tears, stains, breaks or visible pet hair
• Any item over 6’ tall, large entertainment centers, or large armories
• Furniture in need of repair to be usable
• Desks, file cabinets, or other office furniture
• Hospital beds
• Light fixtures, window treatments, carpeting, or other building materials
• Clothing and shoes
• Toys, car seats, strollers, playpens
• Cribs, changing tables, and other children’s furniture
• We will not take bed frames if they are not a full set, including all parts and pieces
Have a Bulk Donation?
Facilities & Logistics Manager
*A bulk donation is a hotel, organization, school, business, etc.
Large home donations are NOT bulk donations. Please fill out our online form.