Can I bring my items to you?
Yes, you can drop furniture donations off at our warehouse anytime Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 3:00 PM. We are located at 908 Murphy Avenue SW Atlanta, GA 30310. You do not need to make an appointment. Just let the front office know you are here to drop off. They will let you know where to go and have someone help you unload.
Do you charge for pick-up?
If your furniture is outside or in the garage the pick-up is free.
There is a $20 pick-up fee for items that are inside your home, apartment, condo, high-rise, or storage unit.
Unlike other non-profits that accept furniture, the Furniture Bank does not sell the items you donate. We provide furniture to 40 families a week that are moving out of homelessness or fleeting domestic violence. This small fee helps with operation costs.
Fees are non-refundable:
• If you cancel your pick up less than 48 business hours in advance
• If your furniture is declined at the time of the pickup (drivers have full discretion)
• If you miss your time frame or are unavailable
What areas do you pick-up in?
We provide pick-up services for most of Cobb, Gwinnett, Fulton, and Dekalb counties.
We offer a pick-up service in an extended area for a $50 fee.
Here is a complete list of zip codes we service. Extended zip codes are highlighted.
How far in advance should I schedule my pick-up?
It is recommended that you plan at least one-two weeks in advanced for your pick-up to be scheduled. We are unable to offer same day or next day pick-ups. Our truck schedule is determined by zip code in order to make the best use of our financial resources and labor.
What time will you pick up my donation?
All pickups occur between 8am – 4pm, Monday – Friday. You will receive a three hour time frame the business day prior to your scheduled pickup and our driver will call when they are 15-30 minutes away.
What items do you NOT accept?
• Worn furniture with rips, tears, stains, breaks or visible pet hair
• Any item over 6’ tall, large entertainment centers, or large armories
• Furniture in need of repair to be usable
• Desks, file cabinets, or other office furniture
• Hospital beds
• Light fixtures, window treatments, carpeting, or other building materials
• Clothing and shoes
• Toys, car seats, strollers, playpens
• Cribs, changing tables, and other children’s furniture
• We will not take bed frames if they are not a full set, including all parts and pieces
Do you pick up appliances?
We can only pick up appliances if we are also picking up essential furniture items. If you would like us to pick up your appliances there is an additional $20 fee.
What condition should my furniture be in?
All items should be in good usable condition without need of repair or cleaning. We will not accept any furniture that is torn, stained, ripped, broken, incomplete, structurally unsound, or has been in the presence of pet hair or smoke. Our furniture movers will assess the item and make a final decision on whether we can accept it. Drivers have the full discretion on accepting an item.
Do I need to be home for my pick-up?
No. You can put your items outside for us to pick up. Please note that we will not take any furniture that has been damaged due to being outdoors.
We will not enter your residence unaccompanied. You or your representative must be present at all times for an inside pick-up. We cannot accept keys or codes from a concierge or managing staff. We must be escorted into a residence until completely finished with the pick-up.
How should I prepare for my pick-up?
· Communicate an accurate and complete list of items you are donating
· Remove all personal artifacts from the furniture before the movers arrive
· Make sure there is a clear path for the movers to take the items out
· Package all small items like linens and kitchen items into boxes
· Take apart headboards from bed frames, tape all metal parts and hardware. We will not accept any incomplete bed frame sets.
How does the Furniture Bank use my furniture?
All items donated are immediately given to people moving out of homeless situations, living with HIV/AIDs, living under the poverty line experiencing crisis, or fleeing domestic violence. We count on every item you’ve committed to us to adequately meet people’s needs. We serve 40 families each week and ask that if you have booked an appointment to donate, that you maintain your commitment to give the full list of items originally communicated.
How do I cancel or reschedule my pick-up?
Follow the link in your email to cancel or change your pick-up information. You can also contact the donations coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404.355.8530 ext. 222. Please keep in mind that we are a small non-profit and the fastest way to contact us is via email.
Do I get a tax deductible receipt for my donation?
Yes. The Furniture Bank is a 501(c)(3) organization. (Tax ID: 58-1815194) A donation receipt will be provided at the time of pickup. If you do not receive one at the time of your pick-up please email email@example.com
Can I have a weekend pick-up?
Unfortunately, we do not provide weekend pick-up services at this time.
Have a Bulk Donation?
Facilities & Logistics Manager
*A bulk donation is a hotel, organization, school, business, etc.
Large home donations are NOT bulk donations. Please fill out our online form.